Skip to main content

What music played a special role in the other Wes Moore’s life? What role does music play in your life?


FiresideHome Music Washes Away from the Soul the Dust of Everyday Life Wall  Decal - Wayfair Canada

            Music plays a huge role for us in our everyday lives. Sometimes we can relate to our own choice of music which can possibly help us boost our confidence and energy to ourselves. This is what happened with the other Wes Moore’s life because his favorite music involved hip-hop and rap. In chapter 4, it discusses a situation where Wes was reliving in school. The time when Wes wasn’t doing his highest potential at school shown by his lowest academic grades. Teachers announced to Wes’ mother that his son had a learning disability, but in fact it wasn’t to my belief he was making the wrong choices which cost him his education. In reality. Wes’s mother knew that her son's low performance in school was purposely due to not putting the hard work and dedication on his studies. This causes Wes' mother to fall into deep depression, anger, and acceptance that her son Wes was no longer on the right path he was supposed to be on.
            Furthermore, the other Wes Moore’s made his own lyric music that is surrounded by feelings and situations in life. Music was a place where Wes Moore was validated with his perspective in life where he is in a struggle with living in two different worlds. The balance between making the right choices or the wrong choices. Able to try to make his mother happy by improving his school education or thrive into the streets to earn more money illegally. There is no answer on what he’ll proceed with. There was a moment when he used a song to feel empowered called, “The Bridge Is Over” over the fact the situation that has occurred to his sister being beaten and fight with a girl named Lateshia. Wes Moore had to confront Lateshia’s older brother the reason for him to play the music over his head to remind himself to show strength, confidence, dominance, and determination.
 
Boogie Down Productions – The Bridge Is Over Lyrics | Genius Lyrics
"The Bridge Is Over" played by Criminal Minded

     For instance, the role music plays in my life is a rock band called “Coldplay”and “Imagine Dragons”. This band inspired me to have hope and spirit within myself when it comes to situations in my life where I am lost and clueless. Able to have music where I can relate to when I feel my life is on the lowest point and not being able to grasp the reality of these new changes. Sometimes I do not see the problems surrounded by me which causes me to be in denial. Able to be in a situation where I need to be open and try to improve on my perspective on how I view things in life. Able to boost up on staying positive and not be in a place where I am conflicted with my thoughts. Trying to keep in mind that life keeps moving forward and things will get better all takes time. Soon my dreams will become a reality. Having patience is the key to success. I can relate to the music below because it can give a message to myself based on what I confront in my life on a daily basis.

                                              Speed of Sound played by Coldplay







Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing your experiences and perspectives about the power of music in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your music taste! And yes, music is very powerful in our lives so I loved to see how you connected Wes Moore's music taste and then talked about your own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have similar music taste to you and I relate to the contribution music has on your life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Is Pop Culture Good For You?

Let's begin to ask our audience if pop culture is good for us. Well it is definitely because pop culture is an idea that we create in movies, memes, viral videos that show awareness, short films, and in music that captivate us the audience where we can relate in a sense of humor and common interest. Pop culture is important in society because it takes us into a place where people can bring happiness to the world by making us dream and smile. Able to connect with the world positively despite the real occurrences that are happening in the real world such as dividing our differences in politics, religion, social issues, cultural values and beliefs. We need to cherish pop culture because it can eliminate the negative impacts on issues that have been created within our society. Where we can put a common ground to have a sense of laughter and joy in order to set aside the seriousness that actually divides us as humans.  Such as in the music industry can be related to